Updated Date - Apr. 29, 2021
Please note that the V-Ray Hydra delegate is activated for V-Ray 5 builds for Houdini versions greater than 18.5.462*, on Windows and Linux only. OSX support is coming at a later stage.
*if possible, please use the latest Houdini production build.
The "Scene Import (All)" LOP's will set the "Additional Parameters" to "*" (wildcard) by default – this will cause incorrect material import for V-Ray Material Builder VOPs coming from 'vanilla' Houdini. The wildcard should be removed to ensure proper import of the V-Ray materials in LOPs.
- Live & Referenced (through USD) geometry
- Instancing & Variants
- V-Ray Lights
- V-Ray Materials
- V-Ray Displacement
- V-Ray Subdivision
- V-Ray Physical Camera (with Depth of Field & Motion Blur)
- V-Ray Object Properties (through Render Geometry Settings LOP)
- V-Ray Matte Surfaces (through Render Geometry Settings LOP)
- V-Ray Render Settings (through Render Settings LOP)
- V-Ray Production/Final rendering (through USD Render ROP LOP)
- V-Ray Batch rendering (through Husk)
- AOVs are supported in the Solaris viewport but not saved on disk when rendering with husk
- V-Ray Environment Fog is not implemented yet.
- V-Ray Aerial Perspective is not implemented yet.
- V-Ray Clipper is not implemented.
- V-Ray Fur is not implemented
- V-Ray Plane is not implemented
- V-Ray Proxy import is not available due to a Solaris limitation
- V-Ray VRScene import is not available due to a Solaris limitation
- Using USD PrimVars for shading has no effect
- Crash with V-Ray Color to Mono VOP
- Updating Displacement materials will occasionally require a delegate restart
- V-Ray materials will fail at automatically generating a Preview Surface Shader (Material Library LOP)
- The V-Ray Hydra delegate will occasionally require a viewport pan/zoom to force an update