This page provides information on the Corona Material Library.
Corona Material Library provides hundreds of ready-to-use materials, each with a high-quality preview. The library is mainly intended for beginner users and those having problems with setting up basic materials but may be as well useful to advanced users. The most common uses of the material library include:
- Quickly painting scene objects with realistic materials (this can greatly speed up your workflow!)
- Using the material presets as bases for creating own ones (great for users inexperienced with a material creation and introducing variation in the scene)
- Using the material presets as references for creating new materials from scratch (great if you are having trouble setting up a specific material)
The Corona Material Library is a part of the installation package. It is downloaded automatically during the installation, but can be also installed in offline mode.
The Corona Material Library can be open:
- In the Chaos Corona Toolbar
In the Scene tab of the Render Setup dialog
Corona Material Library Features
- View materials by category.
- Set and view only favorites.
- Drag and drop materials into the viewport, Slate, and Compact material editors.
- Assign a material to the objects selected in the scene.
- Select all objects in the scene that use a certain material.
- Most of the materials are using Real-World Scale mapping so you do not have to worry about the correct scale and tiling.
- Many of the materials don’t need UV mapping, as they use the Corona Triplanar Map.