This page gives details on the license setup for Chaos products.
The License Server's interface is accessible in a web browser. See the License Server Interface page for more information.
The installer is fairly straightforward and easy to run, but if you need help, please see the Installing the License Server page for details on the process. This includes using your Chaos account to access your purchased licenses from anywhere online.
To activate your licenses, go to127.0.0.1:30304 in your web browser and click Sign in from the Online licensing menu. You are then prompted to enter your username/email and password. Once the activation is successful, you are able to see the list of your available licenses on the Chaos License Server home page.
Offline Activation and License Usage - Recommended for Machines Without Internet Access
1) On the machine without internet connection, open the License Server web interface page.
2) From the expandable menu of Online licensing, go to Offline activation.
3) Press the Activate offline button.
4) Download your activation request file (cert.crs).
5) Use another machine with internet connection to log into my.chaosgroup.com with your Chaos credentials. Go to Licensing > License Servers and press Activate License Server.
6) Name your license server.
7) Upload the activation request file you downloaded in step 4 and press Activate.
8) Download your Activation file (cert.crt).
9) On the machine without internet connection, in your License Server web interface page upload your Activation file (cert.crt) and press Upload.
10) Your site is now successfully activated.
USB Dongle usage
The Licensing system allows you to use seats associated with your Chaos account easily from anywhere you can log into over the internet. If you also have a USB dongle with Chaos product licenses attached to your computer, you can utilize those available licenses with the License Server. For more details on this process, please see the Dongle usage page.
|UI Text Box
|When using a dongle license connected to the License Server you are only able to access the dongle licenses on the machine that the dongle is connected to. You are unable to access dongle licenses over the internet on another machine logged into the License Server.
In most situations, adjusting the Settings for the online licensing system is not necessary. But if you need to adjust something like your connection settings because you're using a Proxy server, you can get to these through the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the License Server webpage and choosing Settings. For more details on what settings are adjustable from this area, please see the Advanced Settings page.
Updating the Chaos License Server