Date - October 13, 2022
NVidia AI Denoiser
Option to denoise only final sampling pass in offline rendering. Details
Implemented a default Vantage sun so Physical Sun and Sky option is available in the Environment mode drop-down.
Added "Always On Top" button in the top toolbar and shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+T). Details
- Added outlines to rollouts.
- Improved the snapping behavior for manipulation gizmos.
- Added sliders below parameters with soft range and CTRL(snaps to 1/1000 of the slider's soft range value), SHIFT(snaps to 1/10 of the slider's soft range value) and CTRL+SHIFT(snaps to 1/100 of the slider's soft range value) modifier keys for finer control.
- Synchronized value defaults and ranges between Vantage UI and "Render animation via Live Link" dialog in 3Ds Max .
- Improved path resolver now searches every subfolder next to the imported file, for assets.
- Reduced artifacts from motion blur
- Improved Vantage denoiser result in refraction and flickering object edges.
- Improved refraction quality when switching between Vantage and NVidia AI in Combined denoiser mode.
- Improved reflection detail with NVidia AI denoiser.
- Improved auto-exposure that accumulate samples in dark areas (single GPU only).
- Visual popping of textures with "Dynamic textures" option enabled.
- Wrong blending of the sun disk with the ground albedo.
- Wrong alignment of the sky texture's horizon line .
- Temporal denoiser and postprocessing passes breaking with dynamic textures.
- Reduce flickering being used when disabled in High quality rendering.
- Crash when starting an offline render with "Auto exposure" enabled on systems with 2 GPUs.
- Crash when rendering with -denoiser=0.
- Hang when the Live Link drops during a sequence rendering.
- Random abort while rendering sequence using "Render animation using Chaos Vantage".
Live Link in 3ds Max doesn't start with the first click on the Start/Stop button.
- Distributed rendering in 3ds Max to always deactivate when the Live Link stop button is pressed.
- Not applying to moving objects when using "Render animation using Chaos Vantage".
- Not rendering in "Render animation using Chaos Vantage" Maxscript.
Errors caused by loading empty string texture filenames.
- Scene animation range one frame shorter when loading .vantage file.
- UI bug when switching between 'Focal length' and 'Field of view'.
- Transform manipulation and snapping windows not being disabled in Live Link.
- Inconsistent spinner value changes on secondary monitor .
- Wrong rotation range for transform type-ins.
- Chaos Vantage starting at invalid coordinates when monitor layout changes between sessions .
- Missing velocity in EXR.
- Alpha getting lost in EXR when motion blur is enabled.